Tip of the
Washer Safety Tip
Before making repairs, pull the plug and turn off the faucets.
Note: Appliance models vary; see
your owner's manual for information specific to your washer.
When your washer doesn't work.
- Proper power supply.
- Unplugged or defective cord.
- Blown fuse or circuit breaker.
- Kinked water supply or drain hose.
- Repair power supply.
- Plug in or replace cord.
- Replace fuses or turn circuit breaker back on.
- Straighten the kink. If you can't, replace the hose.
Washer doesn't fill.
- Blocked water inlet screens.
- Clogged filters
- A kink in one of the hoses
- Timer that is not set
- Defective timer or temperature selector.
- Clean or replace water inlet screens.
- Check the inlet hose filters and clean them.
- Straighten the water supply hoses.
- Turn the timer slightly or press the buttons firmly.
- Replace timer or temperature selector*
- *Problem is best left to a professional.